ENT Department, University of Gent, Belgium
1982 – 1987 Resident, ENT Clinic, Medical Faculty of Mannheim of University of Heidelberg
1987 Second Specialty: Allergology
1989 Venia legendi
1990 – 1996 Acting Medical Director, ENT Clinic, Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf
Since 1996 Head of Clinic, ENT Department, University of Gent
Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona
Specialist for Otorhinolaryngology – University of Mainz, Germany
Specialist for Plastic Surgery (Head, Neck) – University of Bochum, Germany
Private-Dozent for Otorhinolaryngology – Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Spanish National “Habilitation” for Professorship in Otorhinolaryngology
Full Professor for Otorhinolaryngology
Accreditation for Chair in Otorhinolaryngology
Since 2003 Senior Consultant for ENT, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona
Nico de Vries
OLVG West, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nico de Vries is an otolaryngologist and is working at the OLVG West, Amsterdam.
His focus is the diagnosis and the treatment of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS).
In particular, he is interested in alternatives to CPAP treatment. His research lines are sleep endoscopy, implants, surgical treatment of OSAS, positional therapy and nerve stimulation.
He has > 170 publications in national and international Peer-reviewed journals, > 70 chapters and > 300 presentations.
Since 2015 Professor of Dental Sleep Medicine at the Department of Oral Kinesiology, ACTA.
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
1977 – 1983 Medical Education, Medical University of Vienna
1984 – 1989 Resident, Dept. of Otorhinolaryngology, Dept. of Surgery, Div. Plastic Surgery, University of Vienna
2000 Appointed Professor (C4) and Chairman, Dept. of Otorhinolarynglogy Head & Neck Surgery, JW Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
Since 2008 Professor and Chairman of Otorhinolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, Medical University of Vienna
Department of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Greifswald, Germany
1973 – 1982 Medical Studies & Postgraduate Training at the University of Freiburg, Germany
1982 – 1987 Residency at the Dept. of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology at the University of Erlangen, Germany
1992 – 2001 Vice-Chairman of the Dept. of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology at the University of Regensburg, Germany
Since 2001 Chairman of the Dept. of Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Greifswald
Faculty of Medicine at the University of Louvain, Belgium.
Director of the Voice and Swallowing center , CHL Luxembourg
Marc Remacle is an Academic Professor of the faculty of Medecine at the University of Louvain, Belgium. He was Associated –Head of the department of ORL and Head & Neck surgery of the University hospital of Louvain at Mont-Godinne. He was also consultant for voice and speech pathology at the university center of audiophonology of Louvain at Brussels.
Marc Remacle chairs the joint commission of the Free University of Brussels and the Catholic University of Louvain for the master’s degree in Logopedics. His interest in Laser surgery led him to contribute to the development of dedicated devices as the micromanipulator and microinstruments. He initiated the new scanner and the new robotic micromanipulator for laser- assisted incision and dissection. He contributed to the development of the Co2 laser wave-guide.
Together with his colleague Prof Georges Lawson , they have initiated the TORS in Belgium
He presented numerous communications and published papers mainly on laser-assisted microsurgery and microphonosurgery.
He regularly takes part in International courses and conferences on laser microsurgery. He is in the scientific board for the following journals:
Annales francaises d’ORL et de chirurgie cervico-faciale (Paris)
Acta Oto-Rhino-Laryngologica Belgica
European archives of Oto-rhino-laryngology
Annals of Otology, Rhinology & Laryngology`
He is currently:
Founding member and the general secretary of the European laryngological association
Member of the Collegium Oto-Rhino-laryngologicum Amitiae Sacrum
Corresponding member of the American Laryngological Association International member of the American Broncho-Esophagological Association
Corresponding member of the American Head & Neck Society Corresponding member of the American academy of ORL- Head & neck Surgery
Corresponding member of the French society of ORL and Head & Neck pathology
Member of the French society of Head & Neck Carcinology
Member of the French society of Phoniatrics Member of the Belgian society of ORL and Head & Neck Surgery
General secretary of the International Association of Phonosurgery
Past- President of the European federation of the ORL societies ( EUFOS)
Past -President of the Confederation of the European ORl -Head & Neck surgery
Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children, Dublin, Ireland
- Graduated MB.BCH.BAO University College Dublin, Ireland 1984 (Honours in Surgery)
- B.Sc Honours in Anatomy University College Dublin, Ireland, 1987
- Fellowship, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (General Surgery) 1989
- Fellowship, Royal College of Surgeons in England (Otolaryngology) 1991
- Intercollegiate Specialty Examination in Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Glasgow, Edinburgh and London 1994
- Clinical Fellowship in Paediatric Otolaryngology, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, 1995
- Consultant in Otolaryngology/Head & Neck Surgery 1996, Mater Misericordiae Hospital and The Children’s University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland, 1996
- Consultant in Paediatric Otolaryngology, Our Lady’s Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, Dublin, Ireland since January 2001 to present day (20 years experience in paediatric otolaryngology)
- MCh (Masters in Surgery) University College of Dublin, Ireland (UCD) 2004.
- Secretary of the Otolaryngology Section of the Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland (2001-2003)
- Secretary of the Institute of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery in Ireland (2004-2007)
- Programme Director Otolaryngology (Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (2002-2008)
- Current Research: Mitomycin and its Effects on Fibroblasts in Cell Culture (2008-present day)
- Reviewer for International Journal of Paediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Member of American Society of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
- Otolaryngology representative on the Development and Practice Committee Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (2010-2015)
- Board Member ESPO 2012 to present day
- Chairman of Organising Committee of ESPO 2014 (Dublin)
- President of ESPO June 2014 to June 2016
- Clinical Lead in Paediatric Otolaryngology Ireland 2015
- Secretary General Elect of Confederation of European Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (CEORL-HNS) June 2015 to June 2017
Abel Jan Tasman
ENT-Department of the Cantonal Hospital in St. Gallen, Switzerland
Abel-Jan Tasman is currently head of Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery at the ENT-Department of the Cantonal Hospital in St. Gallen, Switzerland. He holds a lectureship as Privatdozent at the medical faculty of Zurich University. Over the last two decades, the better part of Abel-Jan Tasman’s clinical, scientific and instructional activity has been related to facial plastic surgery. His current surgical spectrum mainly comprises rhinoplasty, facial reconstruction and rejuvenation, facial trauma, paranasal sinus surgery and neuro-endoscopic skull base surgery. Being a member of several national and international societies, Abel-Jan Tasman acts as chairman of the Facial Plastic Surgery Working Group of the Swiss ENT-Society and as President of the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS).